Wednesday, July 23, 2008

So lame. Me, I mean.

I definitely lack the cool factor that my co-contributors have.  I am clueless when it comes to indie-rock, or indie anything, really.  I'm from small town Texas, and have a very limited frame of reference.  In school, there was no option for dance classes or other artistic training, either in school or allowed by my parents.  We were allowed by Mom to take one class through the school district's Continuing Education program.  My sister chose twirling, and I chose Manners & Etiquette.  

The speculation about me was pretty dead-on.  The shame is that I had to look up Dawson's Creek to see who Joey was.  Without getting knee-deep into a therapy session, let's say I didn't have much time or desire for me as a teenager.  Oh, and I never saw Cry Baby.  I think I have some DVD's to rent.

I am a complete nerd, with a habit of researching any and everything.  I have been that way since, well, forever.  I'm compassionate, sometimes to a fault.  I do have blue eyes that catch a lot of attention, and are incapable of hiding anything.  

In the last 10 years, I have made great strides in looking for me under the facade of caretaker and "good girl".  I've discovered an attraction to all things retro, specifically pinups and swing skirts.  I also love Middle Eastern dance, music, and food.  I'm the belly dancing, Southern Baptist "good girl".  

I am probably one of the most enthusiastic and optimistic depressed people you will ever encounter.

As is my MO, I'm not entirely sure I fit with the group here, but I'm gonna give it my all and take advantage of an outlet to purge some emotions that I normally wouldn't share - or even admit to having.






5 comments:

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Duh, you fit with the group. You're 25% of the group. You may be nicer than the group, but we wouldn't throw you out of a sleepover or anything.

*coughcometokeywestcough*

(Also, I just found out you can't edit your comments for spelling.)

Nissa said...

Cool girls never know their cool; that's kind of the lesson of Cry-Baby.

Sambalina said...

I love your descriptions of each other.

:)

Can't wait to read more.

Unknown said...

You are so not lame. Girl, you are so graceful you'd make a professional ballerina cry. You managed that without the seemingly requisite bitchiness that comes along with ballet, too.

And I grew up in a small Texas town too, remember?